Had we known…
After nearly 15 years of marriage my wife and I have learned a lot about each other. We were discussing this topic a few nights ago and decided that had we lived together prior to getting married we may not have gotten married. Here’s the list of things we now know…that we are glad we didn’t know before…
Tyler Complaint / Melissa Response
- She doesn’t like to cuddle / He never told me cuddling involved smothering and harassment
- Her side of the bed is her side. No changes. No excuses. / There’s a reason we got a California king. “stop touching me!”
- She never takes the trash out / That’s a man’s job. I ask so little
- She doesn’t do anything spontaneous / He wants to be spontaneous at the most inopportune time.
- He never takes the dog out / The dog doesn’t need me to watch it go poop
- Showers are my refuge of peace, they are not an invitation to join me / The shower fits two, therefor it must have two. it’s a rule.
- He never gets up when the kids yell “mom” at night / They yelled “mom”, not “dad”. Why should both of us be awake? It took me a long time for me to train them to say “mom”.
- “Cleaning the house” for him involves moving one pile to another / I know where my piles are. They arn’t bothering me.